Teacher In The Sand

Husband, dad, son, brother, teacher who is deployed... My record of my life in the sand box.

Friday, December 23, 2005

USO!

I think I have finally arrive in a war zone. I got to see an USO show the other night. What a show it was. Three country singers, a movie actress, couple of Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders, Al Franken and the Army Band.
Good music, corny jokes and lots of cheers from us the troops.
For more on USO tours read
http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2005-12-22-uso-cover_x.htm?csp=27
What is sad is that the USO is having a hard time getting acts to come entertain the troops. I was impressed to find out that Franken is on his third tour, inspite of our very different political views. He makes a good Sadaam! The usual jokes about MRE's, the Army rules, etc. Only soldiers would get 'em.
One of the country singers was in Somali (think BlackHawk Down) and sang a song about that. A nice evening.
I am not easily impressed with celebreties, but I am with people who don't have to come here, but do, just to give us a good time for a while.
And they come for 50 bucks a day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home