Teacher In The Sand

Husband, dad, son, brother, teacher who is deployed... My record of my life in the sand box.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Passed...again....

Well, I did it, I passed my physical training test again. Called the AFPT or PT test for short, it consists of push-ups, situps and a two mile run. This one is the last one for the calendar year and the first one on the Army's training year. And since we'll be home in 06, it is possibly the last one to take this year! Along with my excellent score at the weapon's range, I have done quite well lately.
Another first today, the first time I wore poly-pros. This is a nice thick undergarment to keep you warm and I had to wear one to walk to chow. But by 0900 it was warm enough to take it off. Every day it gets cooler and cooler.
One thing I am concerned about with the weather change is getting sick. It is still too warm for heat in the hooch, but o ne of these nights might do the trick. And going back to Atterbury is the pits. The whole time there I was sick. It would be a big bummer to go home sick.
I will just continue to drink lots of orange juice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home