Teacher In The Sand

Husband, dad, son, brother, teacher who is deployed... My record of my life in the sand box.

Saturday, October 29, 2005

At the Palace


yup, you read the title right, I have re-enlisted for three more years. In two years I hope to retire and so here I am at the BIG palace on base and our company commander is swearing me in. Actually, I took the oath of enlistment last week, but we "reenacted" it. My buddy Zeb was also re-enlisting for six more years and we did his ceremony at the palace. Then we took the grand tour. That is him and me in the top photo after the ceremony and standing in front of this huge chandelier. It was a nice time looking at how the "rich and famous" of the former regime lived. Must be nice to waste the entire resources of your country on yourself and fellow rogues. (sarcasm thick here).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you when you get home.....Thanks for the photos, and look at what Saddam lived like...Danielle just got back from Israel, and is in awe of the Holy Land, and her stay in Athens Greece with Harding University...We'll get together after you come home...4 Him, Rich

5:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU for your service for our country. I love this country and I honor our military men and women past and present for their courage and sacrifices. Also their families. Because of you we have such great freedoms and blessings.
Thank you again.

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home