Teacher In The Sand

Husband, dad, son, brother, teacher who is deployed... My record of my life in the sand box.

Friday, December 16, 2005

Trying to plug in.

As part of our going home process, we moved from one location to another. A consequence of moving is that we changed the style of the electrical outlet. Over here everything is 220 volts, not the 120 volts back home. And there is no standard plug. You have round pin type plugs, flat bladed plugs and then another type that is different from the first two. So, in order to plug in my c0mputer, I have to have an adapter for my U.S. plug. Then since we moved, I had to run around and find another adapter for the new style! An, woe to the soldier who forgets about the electric or doesn't quite get it (like newbees) and plugs 120 into 220. Before you can say, "don't do that!" there stereo or whatever is zap and gone to electronics heaven. So, off to the PX you go to buy an expensive power converter. Since everyone buys power converters, the army is constantly warning us about electrical fires from putting too many plugs into these outlets!
Such is life in the sand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home