Teacher In The Sand

Husband, dad, son, brother, teacher who is deployed... My record of my life in the sand box.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

A Different Thanksgiving

Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, noodles, corn, those little naked shrimp with their red sauce, ham, salad, pumpkin pie, served up on a Styrofoam plate with plastic fork and spoon.
That was thanksgiving last year. Back to work and while the food was good, it was missing a crucial ingredient. Family.
This year, I am home and I am definitely will enjoy the meal a lot better. Good company, a quiet neighborhood and I don't have to go to work!
I have always enjoyed thanksgiving. This year I will add one more ingredient. Contentment. Content to be around my children, my wife. To be home. To be together. The missing ingredient.

God Bless those still in theater this thanksgiving day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home