Teacher In The Sand

Husband, dad, son, brother, teacher who is deployed... My record of my life in the sand box.

Monday, October 03, 2005

BACK TO WORK

Well, EML is over, and also the long plane ride and I am back to work. One thing I have discovered upon returning is that it is considerably cooler here now! Back home people said, "but it is a dry heat over there!" and I just replied, yea, like your oven on broil. But now, they are absolutely correct! After the very humid Ohio days I just experienced, it is much dryer here, and it has cooled down. Now the days high are about the highs of a hot Ohio summer afternoon. Bearable and certainly not like before I left.
One thing I noticed while home, is the amount of people who don't know what is going on over here. They would ask me questions as if I was a subject matter expert. I just know what I read. My job doesn't give me a "bird's eye view" of the situation, just a small picture and very small at that.
I find it kinda odd that friends back home are not knowledgeable of the Iraq situation. Could it be they rely too much on, as we bloggers like to say, the MSM? Too many shallow headline announcements by CNN, ABC and the like?
Or are they being mis-informed and are aware of it and just don't know where to find the information?
As Powerlineblog.com and other bloggers have pointed out, if the MSM can't get Hurrican Katrina reporting right, which is in their own backyard, then how can they get reporting from Iraq correct?
I urge my readers to investigate the world wide web (which is what www stands for) and read. There are many good reporters embedded with the troops overhere who report just what they see and find out. The honesty of their reports may be hard to take, but you will be informed. Also many soldiers write from here. There are many informed citizens writting about the war here from back home, both for and against and many write with good reasons, not just hacked up slogans.
Turn off the t.v. and turn on the web and read. It is a little slower but you might find out some interesting things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home