Teacher In The Sand

Husband, dad, son, brother, teacher who is deployed... My record of my life in the sand box.

Saturday, November 06, 2004

The last day at school has finally come and gone. The director of our school arrange some cider and donuts in the morning before 1st period for excellent attendance the past quarter and asked the students to fill out some cards. I had quite a bunch to take home in the afternoon. I was very touched by what they wrote and the feelings that came across as I read them last night.
The health academy students (the majority of my teaching load) made a big banner, decorated my room and kept wanting to take photos, photos and more photos. While they gave me some presents and cards, what they gave me more of was their thoughts and feelings. It was, to borrow one of their sayings, awesome!, what I read from them. I really did not know how much I had meant to them or how much my teaching was affecting them. It was lesson I shall heed, that they gave me.
I want to thank all of my students from the bottom of my heart for all the kind words, messages and their efforts this past week. You sure made me proud to be your teacher.
Here are some photos of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home